Mike, 40, divorced, 3 kids, match.com
You know what I always say about the hottest guys? They never live up to their handsome good looks and killer bodies.
Mike asked if I wanted to meet him and go for a walk in the Brecksville Reservation. Nice thought, but since I didn't know the guy, who's to say the guy wouldn't walk me out into the middle of nowhere and leave me for dead? (see what your imagination can do when you watched too many episodes of Unsolved Mysteries as a kid?). Plus I began to wonder if the guy was cheap or if he was truly trying to take advantage of the nice weather by proposing a walk. Regardless, I told him I was more comfortable meeting him across the street at Panera. On the day of our date, I arrived at Panera before he did. I waited up front. When he walked in he said they had a patio in the back that we could sit on. Great...but isn't this the part of the date when you ask me if I would like to get something to eat or drink? Nope. Nothing. So, we sat outside on the back patio of Panera with NOTHING on the table. I was embarrassed...my Mom always taught me that in a place of business, you always order something! So, ding ding ding, the guy is cheap. Immediately he began talking about the drama with his ex-wife. ICK, come on, man. After 10 minutes of hearing it, I said,"Well clearly a marriage doesn't fall apart because of one person, so what are you willing to take accountability for?" No response. Great...now I am officially dealing with a cheap AND pompous ass. I think I sat there for a grand total of 45 minutes before he asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I said no and that I needed to head home. He walked me to my car and checked out his reflection in the back window. I said, "So, how do you look?" He didn't get the humor. Dummy.
The next morning if or a text from him, asking me to wish him luck because he had a meeting with his attorney. I didn't respond. Two hours later I received another text from him, asking me if I thought I could use his consulting services. So, clearly the meeting with the attorney didn't go well and he is scratching for sources of revenue. I wrote him the following love note: "Mike, I think it is incredibly tacky that you are using a dating site for business prospecting." Within minutes he wrote back, "Jen, it's not tacky. I am merely trying to help you." How funny...I never asked for his help.
No comments:
Post a Comment