Friday, September 13, 2013

Age is just a number, right?

Klarc, allegedly 41, divorced, match.com

Met Klarc at Loop for a cup of coffee.  On paper, he was my dream guy.  Coffee entrepreneur, educated, good-looking, plugged into the CLE social scene.  He pulled up in a 5 series BMW.  Okay, so I see we have similar taste in cars.  Nice.  We got to talking.  Within 20 minutes he revealed to me that he cheated on his wife.  Um, okay.  This is usually the point in the date where I question...what is better?  The devil you DO know or the devil you DON'T know?  Both suck, right?  But since he decided to put all of his chips in the table, I decided to listen (but not without a hair of judgment).  He went on to tell me he was dating his mistress up until a few weeks ago when they broke up.  Hmm...wonder what went wrong there?  And then he proceeds to tell me loves women,  okay, what guy doesn't? He said, no, that he REALLY loves women.  What are you some kind of uber horny  older man who didn't outgrow puberty?  Alarm bells.  Red flag.  And then the piece de resistance... He tells me he lied about his age and that he is actually 50.  COME AGAIN?  His reasoning for lying about his age on his profile was that he was tired of receiving emails from older women (45+).  Um, here's an idea.  Don't respond to people outside your preferred age range, asshole.  Why bring people like me into the fold and lie to me? At that point, my latte was still warm and I took a big gulp and told him I was no longer interested in talking to him because he is BOTH a cheater and liar.  Two strikes right of the gate.  Next...

No comments:

Post a Comment